SHOWSTREET© (http://www.showstreet.com) is a clever combination of mapping tools and street views, which allow a user to locate a business on the map and see the business details. Many tools can do this, so...
How is SHOWSTREET© different to other maps?
SHOWSTREET© is the next stage after what Google Maps and Google Street can offer. SHOWSTREET© means businesses can provide:
- Interior, panoramic views of their stores, with extra information inside the panorama highlighting and linking to
- Other panoramas (Great in Real Estate)
- The business web site
- Specials, restaurant menus, and otherwise hidden or unexpected bonuses from the business
SHOWSTREET© provides the business owner a quick and easy method for:
- Updating their own SHOWSTREET© details and promotions
- Linking their own website to SHOWSTREET©
- Linking SHOWSTREET© to their own website
This makes SHOWSTREET© a very powerful marketing tool, and makes any shopping street in any community a destination in its own right, building on our sense of community.
Who can use SHOWSTREET©
- SHOWSTREET© is place where people go to see what's happening at their favourite stores.
- SHOWSTREET© is a quick way to connect visitors and tourists with places they need to go, or need to find.
- By making locations in SHOWSTREET© sendable to users of social networking sites, people can share their experiences, rate products and services, and make sure everyone meets at the right place! It's all there, built right in to SHOWSTREET now.
- Search Business name or Street Name:
…or choose a category to search. Enter a few letters of the street name , or a business name and SHOWSTREET© will find the street, or the business. Just click 'SHOW'
Click a business name in the navigation pane at left, to go there. The business name will flash orange on the street view map.Choose a street name, and click 'SHOW' The map will take you there.
- Click a Blue line in the map to see the Street Level View: The blue line will turn red, and an orange dot will show you where you are on the street, at all times. The street view is visible above the map.
- Select another area: Choose the city, or choose the suburb, SHOWSTREET© will take you there.
- Business Information:
If you click any business information on the street view, you will be able to see the detailed information on that buseinss.
- Map: On any map, blue lines are streets that have business listings on them.
- Zoom In: You can double-click anywhere in the map to zoom. or if your mouse has a scroll wheel, use it to zoom in by scrolling towards you.
- Zoom out: Using the RIGHT mouse button (CTRL click on the Mac), double-click anywhere in the map viewer to zoom out from that point. The viewer will zoom out by a certain amount. Single-click to stop, or right double-click (CTRL click on the Mac) to zoom out more. If your mouse has a scroll wheel, you can use the scroll wheel to zoom out by scrolling away from you (forward motion). Use the ALT (Option on the Mac) key in combination with the scroll wheel to zoom out by smaller increments.
- Mouse: Drag it, Zoom it, Walk it. Use the mouse button to drag the street while you find a shop. Mouse over the arrows left and right on the street view to progress along the street.
Click and drag the model at the bottom of the street view to progress along the street.
- Keyboard: select the street and use your keyboard a,d,w,x key or use the arrow key.
- Maximise: click maximise button on the top right hand corner to see the maiximised street view.
By making locations in SHOWSTREET© sendable to users of social networking sites, people can share their experiences, rate products and services, and make sure everyone meets at the right place! It's all there, built right in to SHOWSTREET© now.
Please provide us feedback! We are very interested to hear what people like, dislike, what features they are interested in, about bugs, ...
How To Provide Feedback? If you have a question about SHOWSTREET, please check the Feedback link at the bottom right of the the web page. Otherwise, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give us some time to answer, as we are getting loads of mails in the moment.
You’ll need to sign up, so you can sign in
You will find the sign up & sign in at the top right and side of the SHOWSTREET© window.
You’ll see “My Businesses” in the top left navigate pane.
Navigate to your business location and right click the mouse (CTRL click on the Mac) to the street address on the map.
Click on “ADD BUSIENSS HERE” and you’ll be able to add business basic information & detailed information.
Click on SAVE. Your business is now added to SHOWSTREET©.
The site administrator will verify your business details and notify you via email.